Nov 18, 2007

Introspect Unreal Tournament 2004

Introspect Unreal Tournament modWell, it seems I'm back from Amsterdam and apparently from Brussels too. Can't say I'm particularly happy about not having someone else prepare breakfast, but good things can't last forever and blogging can be quite an antidote to post-brilliant-times trauma. Besides, as most of northern Europe seems to be repairing itself, I didn't manage to see the Russian avant garde paintings I craved and oddly remembered I hadn't blogged about a mod for ages. Go figure.

So, well, uhm, here's Introspect. It's a madly innovative, beautiful, smart, typically freeware and very anti-FPS FPS mod for Unreal Tournament 2004. Cunningly subtitled A Journey Through Insanity Introspect turns UT into a non-violent first person painting/exploring game that puts players into the mind of a mad artist who must fight through his personal demons to regain his sanity. Almost surreal, definitely brilliant and a chance to be artsy via a game. Download it, have a foot massage and be happy.

Related @ Gnome's Lair: Quake in 32-bit colour, Half Life 2's Flipside, On nude patches, Hollow Moon

15 comments:

  1. I'm still waiting for Drawn To Be Alive mod for UT2004 to be released :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must've taken so much time and dedication. I tried to tinker with the Unreal map editor and I found it to be a right nightmare. It kept crashing on me and just plain f**ked up. I thought it was just my system until other classmates at Uni had similar experiences.

    My iffy experience with Unreal map editor aside, "Introspect" looks cool. Freaky...but cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh. Always great to see someone doing something really different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roys Drawn to be Alive seems more than interesting... Thanks for pointing it out mate...

    Freaky you'd say dear J? Well, perhaps, but apparently the map editor is freakier :p

    Indeed Pacian, indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might give this one a try sometime this week, cheers!

    I wonder how UT3 will affect the UT2004 mod scene. Obviously a few will move on but I doubt the UT3 system requirements are as flexible as UT2004. I think my computer would explode!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So would probably do mine. Besides I'm not even considering an upgrade before another 2 years pass... Oh, and do give it a try Tom. It's a most interesting thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So basically you get to play as DEITRIX in this so called Introspect...
    I like how they hid the fact that they are copying my life..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing, isn't Deatrix dear? It's such a small world after all. Now, if you stood over here you could sign some autographs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just shat my pants... Was that the intended outcome? If so well done Gnome, jobs a good'un!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NO worries. Cleaning crew's on their way...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice to get away on vacation. Hope the time was enjoyable Gnome. :)

    UT2004 has advanced a lot since my version of 2002...

    Glad you enjoyed the little video I sent. The blonde sold me on Wii :):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, but it was a fantastic time dear Tom. On par with your blonde-sporting vid ;)

    So, uh, you actually getting a Wii?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm...It's still up in the air about the Wii... but that video encouraged me to get one, and have some fun insteatd of always working... but I do love new gadgets. :)

    Glad the vacation was enjoyable Gnome. :)

    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Wii is worth buying for Super Mario Galaxy alone. It is the best game of this generation thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you very much, you too Tom. And if the Wii does help inspire you not to work that much, then, by all means, do get one!

    I think I'm pretty happy with said game too Ross. Expect a review of sorts soon...

    ReplyDelete